9/19/2018

Globe Rewards to SM Advantage Card/BDO Rewards Card

Globe Rewards
Photo from Google Play

If you read the reviews of Globe Rewards App at Google Play, you will notice that most of the people are dissatisfied with the app. I agree with some of the complaints, they kind of made it harder for people to redeem the rewards. Some people would prefer the old way of redeeming via SMS or USSD (*143#) since they don't have data most of the time. But I'm trying to understand Globe. They need to make this change or they will be stuck with old technology. Globe's phone apps are kinda sucky, I know. But I think they're slowly improving. Improving but very slowly. Slower than all the telcos overseas. But that's not the topic.

I downloaded the app, and tried registering. Everything went smoothly. Then when I was browsing for the rewards, it took me a while to see the reward that I always avail-bill rebates. The bill rebate now is minimum 500 points. I only have 300 points. Last time the minimum was 100. I didn't want to avail other rewards as I find it troublesome to show vouchers or SMS or whatever to their partners. The next easiest thing for me to redeem is SMAC. I tried with 130 points to test the water, and voila! It was credited to my BDO Rewards card instantly! 130 points is equivalent to 100 SMAC points by the way.

+1 for Globe on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment